Pages

Friday 8 March 2013

The new GP

So saw the new GP this morning, I like her a lot, she seems lovely and very friendly. I gave her my history she seemed concerned that things were coming back I tried to explain that my thoughts/thinking never actually changed but she still seemed concerned. Was weighed and not allowed to look god that hasn't happened in so long!
I got my referral this is what she wrote:

Thank you for seeing ..... , age 25 years, for your opinion and management. On her return from the UK she has had an exacerbation of her eating disorder symptoms, and her mood is becoming lower. She has had thoughts of cutting, and has started purging again. I have started her back on her Pristiq while waiting to see you. Her obs are stable at present and she has no suicidal thoughts.

geez!

So yah sposed to start back on medication, not sure if I will though. I mean seriously I was on medication for years and as I said my thoughts never changed, sure I could function go to work etc but i still had them they just didn't completely take over my life anymore.
She wants me to go back again next week to discuss blood results, I told her I thought they would be normal (which they will be) cause I've been eating like a fat fucking pig for so long they would have to be.

In other news I had a decent day with calories. 226 total probably actually a bit less cause I rounded a few things up. Didn't go to the gym just couldn't be bothered today but did walk around the shopping centre for about 4 hours carrying a baby.

3 comments:

  1. I hate the way that's written. Like your an object a thing they can "fix" just give her a few more pills and she'll get better. Good job on your calorie intake, just be careful. I'm happy you got blood work done! It's always nice to know if you have any deficiencies so you can up your supplements and what not. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stepping on scales backwards at the doctor's - I always think I'm gonna fall off though.
    Maybe ask for a different medication? They're so tricky to figure out what works, but there doesn't seem much point taking something you've tried before.
    Good luck with your blood work, and thanks for the comment (I'm near Melbourne, vic, by the way).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you were able to see a doc again. I know what you mean with the meds, but if they make you even only slightly more functional, maybe it's worth it?
    Stay safe,
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete