Pages

Saturday 8 December 2012

Psychiatrists

I know I should really see my shrink. I've been feeling bad, not leaving the house and the cutting as well but I just can't be bothered. I mean she hasn't changed my thinking in nearly 10 years so what's the point of seeing her?

I'm not sure if it is just my shrink or they all do it but whenever she suggests something like CBT it's about sending me to someone else, nutritionist send me to someone else it's like she doesn't want to do anything and I wonder if they are all like this or it is just mine? Is it because they aren't qualified to do it I know nutrionist is different but can't they do pretty much everything else? Or is it really just medication that they can give you?

I know I need to see her but I won't, not while I'm this fat.

3 comments:

  1. Nutritionists only deal with diets not psychological things. So she probably wants you to go see someone more suited to deal with your; eating issues. Psychologists can't prescribe medication only psychiatrists. If that clears anything up.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go sweetie, sometimes talking to someone professional helps clarify and help things I have found in the past x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think psychiatrists are too busy to do much of anything for their patients. My thought was that they mainly exist to dispense medication.
    Also, I've only had two psychiatrists, but they were both kind of.. prickish?
    It's funny, because I've never heard a person complain about a therapist but I've heard many note lukewarm reactions to their psychiatrists.

    ReplyDelete